Performer: The King’s Singers
Format: FLAC (tracks)
Size: 605 MB
01. Harold Arlen, Paul Hart, Robert Rice: Get Happy
02. Blake: Meet You in the Maze
03. John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Bob Chilcott: Penny Lane
04. Ives: Takeda Lullaby
05. Donald Swann, Gordon Langford: Slow Train
06. Freddie Mercury, Nick Ashby: Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy
07. MacMillan: Scots Song
08. Mack David, Al Hoffman, Jerry Livingston, Patrick Dunachie: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
This is the second volume in the EP series ‘The Library’. The idea behind this series is to explore both the history, and the new horizons, of The King’s Singers close-harmony repertoire. Close-harmony is the part of their work for which they are best known, and their library of thousands of arrangements is one they’re determined to explore, maintain and develop. The track -listing is designed to celebrate some old favourites from the library alongside brand new arrangements and adaptations, created especially for these recordings, which may perhaps become ‘old favourites’ of the future. Volume 2 was recorded in the beautiful surroundings of Snape Maltings, Suffolk (UK) – a place most famous for its association with Benjamin Britten – and it proved to be a relaxing and inspiring place to work for two beautiful wintry days.
The King’s Singers were founded on 1 May 1968 by six choral scholars who had recently graduated from King’s College Cambridge. Their vocal line-up was (by chance) two countertenors, a tenor, two baritones and a bass, and the group has never wavered from this formation since.