Composer: Joseph Martin Kraus
Performer: Marie Perbost
Orchestra: Génération Mozart
Conductor: Pejman Memarzadeh
Format: FLAC (tracks)
Size: 1.08 GB
01. Olympie, VB 33: Overture
02. Zum Geburtstage des König, VB 41: Overture
03. Zum Geburtstage des König, VB 41: “Töne leise, goldne Saite”
04. Funeral cantata for Gustav III, VB 42: Introduction
05. Funeral cantata for Gustav III, VB 42: “På thronens höjd”
06. Der Tod Jesu, VB 17: Overture
07. Der Tod Jesu, VB 17: “Er Starb, um uns von ewigem Tod zu retten”
08. Proserpin, VB 19: Overture
09. Proserpin, VB 19: “Ach hvad behag et hjerta njuter”
Pantomime in D Major, VB 37
10. I. Allegro
11. II. Adagio
12. III. Presto
13. Ariette in G Major, VB 58: “Du temps qui détruit tout”
Overshadowed by the giants Mozart, Haydn and Beethoven, many other highly talented composers also played a part in shaping the Classical style. Génération Mozart aims to reinstate those lesser- known composers and thus shed light on other aspects of Classicism.
Joseph Martin Kraus is the subject of this first volume. Born in Germany, and an almost exact contemporary of Mozart, he spent much of his career at the royal court in Stockholm, which is why he is commonly known as the ‘Swedish Mozart’. He is considered the most significant figure in Swedish music of the later Eighteenth Century.
Génération Mozart and conductor Pejman Memarzadeh are joined here by soprano Marie Perbost, winner of the Revelation, Opera Singer category at the Victoires de la Musique 2020. They present a programme of vocal and orchestral music, often tormented in expression and heralding Romanticism.