Number of Discs: 1
Format: APE (image+cue)
Label: Hanssler Classics
Size: 220 MB
01. Piano Concerto No. 5 in F major, Op. 103: I. Allegro animato
02. Piano Concerto No. 5 in F major, Op. 103: II. Andante
03. Piano Concerto No. 5 in F major, Op. 103: III. Molto allegro
04. Piano Concerto in F major : I. Allegro moderato – Cantabile – Poco meno scherzando
05. Piano Concerto in F major : II. Andante con moto
06. Piano Concerto in F major : III. Allegro con brio
I Got Rhythm
Yes sir! If anyone had it, Richter did, and it is wonderful but no wonder that he chose to perform Gershwin who also got rhythm. It was somethng inherent in them both and makes them a perfect match. Ya can’t play Gershwin without it, and Richter has it to a phenomenal degree. The Saint-Saens concerto is perfect for Richter, because of his unearthly tone, which can capture the Middle Eastern instruments which are mimicked Saint-Saens writing of this voluptuous, rich, and really exquisite concerto. And what a finale!
Hallo, I just found this wonderful recording. I was at this Concert in Schwetzingen 1993, a great event with the
legendary Sviatoslav Richter.
Richter is always welcome!