Performer: Ann Hallenberg
Orchestra: Stile Galante
Conductor: Stefano Aresi
Format: FLAC (tracks)
Size: 1.34 GB
01. Anonymous: Son qual nave che agitata
02. Gaetano Latilla: Vuoi per sempre abbandonarmi?
03. Niccolò Conforto: Ogni dì più molesto
04. Niccolò Conforto: Non sperar, non lusingarti
05. Geminiano Giacomelli: Quell’usignolo
06. Giovanni Battista Mele: Io sperai del porto in seno
07. Anonymous: Invan ti chiamo, invan ti cerco, amato
08. Anonymous: Al dolor che vo’ sfogando
In 1753, Farinelli sent a precious manuscript from Madrid to the Empress Maria Theresa in Vienna it contained some of the arias he usually sung during private evening concerts for the King of Spain. Among them were the celebrated Son qual nave and Quell usignolo, for which he wrote by hand his own original da capos and cadenzas. This incredible source, offering a very unique and peculiar insight into the artistry of the famous castrato, is recorded here integrally, after a painstaking scholarly work on all the performance-related topics. The star mezzo-soprano Ann Hallenberg delivers the breathtaking original embellishments created by Farinelli with astonishing ease, making this survey through pieces written by Giacomelli, Conforto or Farinelli himself a truly delightful experience. Stile Galante and conductor/musicologist Stefano Aresi bring their usual savoir-faire and elegance to this carefully crafted project.