Composer: Igor Stravinsky, Johann Sebastian Bach, Leopold Stokowski
Orchestra: Philadelphia Orchestra
Conductor: Yannick Nézet-Séguin
Format: FLAC (tracks)
Label: Deutsche Grammophon
Size: 1.07 GB
Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring
02. The Augurs Of Spring: Dances Of The Young Girls
03. Ritual Of Abduction
04. Spring Rounds
05. Ritual Of The Rival Tribes
06. Procession Of The Sage
07. The Sage
08. Dance Of The Earth
09. Introduction (Largo)
10. Mystical Circles Of The Young Girls
11. Glorification Of The Chosen One
12. Evocation Of The Ancestors
13. Ritual Action Of The Ancestors
14. Sacrificial Dance (The Chosen One)
15. Bach: Toccata & Fugue in D minor, BWV565 – Arranged By Leopold Stokowski
16. Bach: Fugue in G minor, BWV578 ‘Little’ – Arranged By Leopold Stokowski
17. Bach: Passacaglia & Fugue in C minor, BWV582 – Arranged By Leopold Stokowski
18. Stravinsky: Pastorale – Arranged By Leopold Stokowski
Introducing the international debut Deutsche Grammophon orchestral album from leading French-Canadian conductor Yannick Nézet-Séguin and the distinguished Philadelphia Orchestra.
A powerful musical tribute to the mighty Leopold Stokowski (1882–1977), 35 years after his death, from the young conductor who now continues his legacy. Stokowski spent some of his most important and fruitful years in charge of the orchestra in Philadelphia, in a position that brought him some of his greatest accomplishments. Musical showmanship, free-thinking and a populist approach to contemporary music are characteristics of Stokowski’s distinguished conducting and recording career.
This new album focuses on Stravinsky’s daring, revolutionary and game-changing ballet score, The Rite of Spring – given its American premiere performance by Stokowski and his Philadelphia Orchestra, and a work that reaches its centenary milestone in 2013.
Plus a selection of popular Stokowski transcriptions, including the famous Toccata and Fugue in D minor (J. S. Bach), as heard in its Stokowski version in Disney’s classic Mickey Mouse movie, Fantasia.