Composer: Claudio Monteverdi, Santiago de Murcia, Violeta Parra, Anxo Pintos, Pierre Regnault dit Sandrin, Arianna Savall, Franz Peter Schubert
Performer: Arianna Savall, Petter Udland Johansen, Hirundo Maris
Format: FLAC (tracks)
Label: Carpe Diem
Size: 1.17 GB
01. anon.: Rosa fresca (arr. A. Savall and P.U. Johansen for vocal ensemble) [16th Century]
02. anon.: Canarios (arr. A. Savall and P.U. Johansen for vocal ensemble)
03. anon.: Yo me soy la morenica
04. trad.: La tarara (arr. A. Savall for vocal ensemble)
05. Murcia: Jotas (arr. A. Savall for vocal ensemble)
06. trad.: La Dama d’Arago (arr. A. Savall for vocal ensemble)
07. Pintos: Cancro Cru (arr. J. Vogel, A. Savall and P.U. Johansen for vocal ensemble)
08. Monteverdi: Si dolce è’l tormento (from Libro Nono di Magrigali e Canzonette)
09. trad.: Girometta (arr. A. Savall and P.U. Johansen for vocal ensemble)
10. anon.: L’amour de moi (arr. A. Savall for vocal ensemble)
11. Sandrin: Doulce memoire (Cancion)
12. Savall: L’adieu
13. Schubert: Heidenröslein Op. 3 No. 3, D. 257 (Arr. for Voice & Guitar)
14. trad.: I will give my love an apple (arr. P.U. Johansen for vocal ensemble)
15. trad.: Astri, mi Astri / Sekstturen (arr. P.U. Johansen for vocal ensemble)
16. Parra: Gracias a la vida (Arr. A. Savall & P.U. Johansen)
The new album by Arianna Savall and her ensemble Hirundo Maris, following last years’ Hildegard of Bingen recording, is a musical journey of Amor – love, through Europe and beyond, and through different ages and cultures.
Assembled on this album are traditional songs, songs from Renaissance sources as well as new compositions by Arianna Savall and, finally, the famous ‘Gracias a la vida’ by Chilenian singer and political activist Violeta Parra.
The six musicians of Hirundo Maris combine all these diverse musical sources of their music into a timeless and weightless dance through time and space. In the end, it is not clear anymore where the borders and differences between them are, and it is not even important anymore: Love as the universal uniting force is being applied here in a most practical way, and made comprehensible and very real to the attentive listener.