Number of Discs: 1
Format: FLAC (tracks)
Label: 2xHD Naxos
Size: 3.17 GB
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
01. Piano Concerto No. 21 in C Major, K. 467, “Elvira Madigan”: II. Andante (arr. I. Lachner for piano, string quartet and double bass)
02. Nocturne No. 20 in C-Sharp Minor, Op. posth.
03. Symphony No. 3 in C Minor, Op. 78, “Organ”: I. Poco adagio
04. Symphony No. 3 in A Minor, Op. 44: II. Adagio ma non troppo
05. Ave Maria (attrib. to G. Caccini) (arr. for voice and organ)
06. Suite bergamasque: III. Clair de lune (arr. for violin and piano)
07. The Yellow River Piano Concerto: II. Ode to the Yellow River
08. 3 Romances sans paroles, Op. 17: No. 3. Andante moderato (arr. P. Gouin for cello and piano)
Modest Mussorgsky, Maurice Ravel
09. Pictures at an Exhibition: II. The Old Castle (arr. M. Ravel for orchestra)
10. Thais, Act II: Meditation (version for violin and piano)
11. Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, “Resurrection”: II. Andante moderato (arr. B. Walter for 2 pianos)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
12. Violin Concerto No. 4 in D Major, K. 218: II. Andante cantabile (cadenza by H. Kraggerud)
Antonín Dvořák, Fritz Kreisler
13. Symphony No. 9 in E Minor, Op. 95, B. 178, “From the New World”: II. Largo (arr. F. Kreisler for violin and piano)
14. Moments musicaux, Op. 16: No. 5 in D-Flat Major: Adagio sostenuto
15. Violin Sonata No. 2 in G Major, Op. 13: II. Allegretto tranquillo (arr. H. Kraggerud and B.S. Lund for violin and orchestra)
16. Weber – Freischütz Fantasie, S451/R284
This is a beautiful collection of exceptional audiophile recordings of some of the great composers; Grieg, Fauré, Mahler, Mozart, Rachmaninov, Ravel, Saint-Saëns, and many others. The collection includes over 99 minutes of classic romantic music loved by all.
Technical details about the mastering:
This album was mastered using our 2xHD proprietary system. In order to achieve the most accurate reproduction of the original recording we tailor our process specifically for each project, using a selection from our pool of state-of-the-art audiophile components and connectors. The process begins with a transfer to analog from the original 24bits/96kHz resolution master, using cutting edge D/A converters.
The analog signal is then sent through a hi-end tube pre-amplifier before being recorded directly in DSD 5.6mHz using the Merging Horus/Hapi In and the dCS Vivaldi Clock. All connections used in the process are made of OCC silver cable.
Each format (96kHz, 192kHz, DSD 2.8mHz and DSD 5.6mHz) was created using Merging Horus/Hapi A/D converter, calibrated to the required format, and a dCS Vivaldi clock
2xHD was created by producer/studio owner André Perry and audiophile sound engineer René Laflamme.